One Day Workshop
This trauma informed workshop is particularly suited to teams of staff and/or volunteers working directly in agencies with client groups who are particularly vulnerable and where trauma is a consistent theme in the nature of the work delivered.
- explore domestic abuse and the impact of trauma on victims
- identify what motivates us to work and respond in the particular way that we do
- explore the nature of projection, transference and counter-transference within a traumatic context
- reflect on vicarious trauma: trauma that service users present and the traumatic transference that can occur
- consider what happens to us when we make referrals in respect of our own experience within the context of the situation
- consider boundaries and resistance
This workshop is useful for multi-agency practitioners as well as counsellors, psychotherapists, counselling supervisors, health professionals and those working with victims/survivors of domestic violence & abuse wishing to use a trauma informed, holistic and therapeutic approach.
The workshop will include the use of a powerpoint presentation, DVD, group discussion and self-reflection. The learning exercises will be experiential, interactive and self-reflective.
Each participant will receive a comprehensive pack with notes to accompany the workshop, which can be used for future reference.
This workshop can also be provided in-house.
Please see our Events page for forthcoming dates.