Become a Facilitator
If you are working with young people, recognise the emerging levels of abuse they can experience in their early relationships and want to take a pro-active approach to addressing the issue and support those you work with then Escape the Trap is for you.
During the three day CPD Accredited training facilitators will learn how to run this programme, exploring ways to address the difficult and sensitive issue of teenage relationship abuse in an interactive way using experiential activities and self-reflection.
The programme is also accessible to use one to one with the accompanying Escape the Trap workbook.
Practitioners are training to become facilitators across the UK and represent a wide range of agencies including: school pastoral & learning mentors, school nurses, pupil referral unit’s, youth offending, youth services, children & young people’s services, specialist domestic abuse services, Brook Advisory, community safety, behaviour consultants, counsellors, scout leaders, police, IDSVA’s & YDVA’s.
Escape the Trap facilitator training will support practioners to learn about the:
- Concept & structure of the programme
- Group agreements
- Exploring one’s own thinking and understanding about teenage relationship abuse
- Additonal Risk Factors
- Generating discussion with young people
- Develop ways to address the difficult and sensitive issue of teenage relationship abuse using experiential activities and self-reflection
- Understanding prevalance of social media abuse
- Working flexibly to meet the needs of your group
- Safety planning with young people
- Monitoring Risk
- Applying the programme in one to one work
- The Escape the Trap facilitator training event provides an intensive learning experience over three days.
Over the three-day facilitator training, practitioners will gain an understanding of the complex dynamics of teenage relationship abuse. Each week of the programme will be explored in depth so practitioners will feel confident and equipped to deliver it at the end of the training.
All practitioners must have completed recognised safeguarding training.
Please see our Events page for forthcoming dates.
Really informative course. Although a very serious subject the course was made to be fun and very interactive. It is really thought provoking and helps to better understand the needs and issues of young people. Fantastic three day course. Thank you.
Fantastic training delivered by Cathy over 3 days. I have now run the programme with a group of young women and had a fantastic response. I have previously worked alongside targeted programmes for young people, but Escape the Trap is by far the best and the easiest to deliver.